15 years ago
Thursday, March 12, 2009
He's home...
I know that it has been a while since I have posted anything. I didn't feel like I was ready to "move on" from letting Mav go. It is officially spring break now, and obviously there will be things that I need to blog about now, but I wanted to give the respect and time that he deserved because, well, that is what he gave us for 9 years. He has been home with us for about a week now. It's different. I'm not a big fan of the Urn that they put him in. It's a canister to me, and it clearly doesn't fit him being all flowery and what not, but that can be changed. I will find the perfect piece to hold him in at some point. We miss him like crazy around here! Time is the ultimate healer, and we are all doing better each day. And, yes, in my head I still know that he was a dog, but he was the best dog! It is hard to see puppies and not want them. Steve read an ad that someone had posted at his work saying they lost their house in the flood and had no where to keep their dogs now and they were looking for a good home for them. "Them" being a yellow and a chocolate lab!!! You don't know how bad I wanted to say "Let's go get them right now!" But it's not that simple. Drake may not be able to tolerate another dog with his asthma. We just don't know. He had an immunity to Mav since he had been around him since he was born. And honestly, this is the first time in 9 years we could actually go somewhere without having to find someone to housesit with Mav. Or even be gone for the day without having to come home and let him out. I'm just really not sure that I want to start over with the puppy stage and the vet visits and cost either. I think I just like the idea of holding Mav high on a pedestal as the best dog ever, and chalking it up to the best 9 years we ever could have had with a friend like him. No need to replace for me. I am fine with just continuing as a family of 4 who laid their dog to rest. We will never forget him anyway, so there is no use trying to put something different in his place. And even though we will be "moving on" with our everyday lives and my blogging, we will still be thinking of him everyday.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment