Gage's school was going to watch a parade today in town that was for the WWII Vets who were going to Washington. The kids were asked to try to wear a Madison Mustang shirt or red, white and blue to represent their school and their pride and respect for these men. Well, Gage didn't have a Madison Mustang shirt so we had to go with red, white, and blue. He was excited about the parade, and was really hoping that they would get to go even if the rain didn't stop. He told me some facts about the men that Mrs. Woods had shared with them, and we had talked about how important this was for these men. I had him put on his blue swish pants and then I threw his St. Louis Cardinals shirt over his head. It truly was the only shirt that he had that was red, white, and blue. He finished putting his arms through the holes and looked down to see what shirt I had chosen for him to wear. He paused for a minute and looked up at me and said "But mommy. I can't wear this shirt. Uncle Randy doesn't like the Cardinals."
Now I truly respect the fact that Uncle Randy is a Cubby fan, but I had to let the WWII Vets trump him today and go with the red, white, and blue Cardinals shirt. I'm pretty sure I sensed the fact that Gage felt like he was shaming his Uncle Randy! Sorry buddy...mommy had no choice. :)
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment