Friday, July 17, 2009

Not much going on...

These past couple of weeks have consisted of a whole lot of nothin'. We finished up baseball. Didn't have such a good first game in the tournament and ended up losing right away. Most of the kids tried their hardest, though, and did the best that they could so that was all that mattered! Gage was a little bummed that it was over, but he is looking forward to being one of the older ones in his age group next year. We ended up taking the kids to Culver's after the game to celebrate. Gage learned a lot and improved so much over the season! Other than that, we've had a couple of sleepovers with my nephews, played on the neighbors slip-n-slide with them, and finally filled the little plastic pool for Drake to mess around in. I have been slowly making lists and getting things ready for our vacation to Table Rock Lake the first week of August. We are also closing in on Gage's birthday parties before we take off, so I have been working on getting things ready for that too. He wants a tiger cake for one party (go figure) and a Transformer cake for the other, and this year (since we are getting ready for vacation too) I am making his cakes but using edible images to cut down on time. I have created a neat collage for the "tiger" cake and found an awesome Bumble Bee Transformer picture. He's getting to the age where he is nearly past playing with toys, but he does still love his Transformers, so for this year I can still get by with ease! I truly can't believe I will have an 8 year old son in just a couple of weeks! The time has gone so fast! This summer seems like it is nearly over, too, and I haven't done a lot of the things I wanted to do with the boys. Hoping that this "cool" July weather turns around and the sun brings us some better days to get out and do more things, but for now we are just hangin' out and enjoying our time together.

No comments: