15 years ago
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Must be a chip off his 'ole dad's shoulder...
Gage has been placed in the ELP/TAG program for Math. Am I the most proud mom ever right now that he is Talented and Gifted in a subject that I was just ok in? Yes! Am I thankful that he is smart and bright like his father and we have no worries with his studies? Yes! Am I bursting with joy that he is my shining little star? Yes! But am I freakin' out a little bit? YES! He's only in first grade. He's so little to be experiencing any extra pressure. And what does this mean from here on out? Is there any turning back if it gets too hard? Will he be crushed if he doesn't do as well as they thought he would? Will it change who he is? It's not always easy being the underdog, but is it easy being here either? I think about how many situations of peer pressure that there were when I was growing up, and I just don't want him to have any additional pressure because of this. I tend to let my mind go crazy when it comes to stuff like this, and I know that I have to work on going with the flow. Steve was always in these classes when he was in school, and he assured me that it is a good thing, and let me tell you, you have no idea how extremely naturally smart Steve is!!! I know that there is nothing wrong with being a little extra good at Math, and in the grand scheme of things it won't matter what other kids thought when he has his masters in physics or accounting (ok, so maybe now I'm getting a little carried away), but for now I worry about the little things on my son's plate.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment