Sometimes I seriously think about if my kids got lost or stolen from me, would I be able to tell the authorities about any significant markings on my child that would help in positively identifying them. Of course you have your typical hair and eye color and height and weight, but I'm talking a specific birthmark, or mole, or scar. Yes, it's a morbid thought of mine. Yes, I know that this is not a thought that most normal people have going through their heads. But I want to be prepared to do this, God forbid it should ever happen, just like they do in the movies!! So I did an exam. On both of my kids. And they thought I was crazy, and they were very annoyed by me, but I have positive identification on both of them now. It was kind of frustrating. I don't have much to go on. Gage has two significant birthmarks on his body. One on the left side of his neck and one just above his right buttcheek. He also has a mole that really stands out next to his fingernail on his right pinky finger. He does not, however, have any scars whatsoever on his body. Drake was even more difficult. Which is what he does. Difficult. He had ONE mole on his entire body on the back side of his left arm. He does not have one single birthmark at all!! And trust me, I scanned him thoroughly. He did not fail me in the scars category however. I guess being a dare devil does pay off in some ways!! He has one above his left eyebrow and one under his chin. They are kind of difficult to see, though. You have to really be looking for them. So there you have it. My little test of "How well can you identify your child?" Do your kids have a specific mark or anything that stands out that would help you in this crisis situation? What would you tell the police or anyone helping you look for your child that would make it quicker to know for sure if it were them or not?
So here are Gage's. Neck, finger, and lower back.


And Drake's. Back of the arm and just above the eyebrow.


2 comments:
i don't even know my own significant markings.... that's probably not a good thing. :)
Post a Comment