Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gators vs. Mercury...

Well, we had our first soccer game this week. It was very cold, and we didn't do so well. We had only had 2 practices prior to the game. The others were cancelled due to cold weather. We have 3 coaches. A married couple and then another woman. They each have a kid on the team. One has no clue what she is doing and whollups her son on his arm or his back every time we meet, the other is late to every practice and game, and the 3rd only showed up to the game. We were the only team at the entire soccer complex that hadn't been given our team shirts yet! The coaches were letting only their kids leave right in the middle of the game to go to the concession stand to get nachos, and they were letting them eat them right on the sidelines in front of all the other kids! There are too many kids to all play at once, of course, so there were 4 kids sitting out the first quarter. The one coaches daughter came 13 minutes late with her dad, and they put her in the game as soon as she got there while these 4 other kids were still sitting on the sideline waiting since the game had started. It's frustrating. It's embarrassing. It's annoying. I know they are only in first grade, but this is where it all begins. Where they learn the fundamentals. The positions. The team work. I'm just hoping it gets better. At this point I'm not sure how it can, but for Gage's sake I hope it does because he loves soccer, and I don't want him to get discouraged!
My lens had something smeared on it, but my fingers
were so cold that I just left it, hence the reason
these pictures are hazy! :)

No comments: