Friday, July 3, 2009

Rubber Ducky cake...

So I got a request from someone that works with Steve for a "3D rubber ducky floating on the water" cake. Her daughter is turning one and loves rubber duckys, so she wanted to be able to remove the 3D duck so it could be her own little cake. She bought the 3D duck pan for me to use, and it was actually easier than I thought it was going to be. So, I made a 1/2 sheet cake and frosted it to look like water, and then I set the 3D duck on top of it so it looks like he is in the tub. I even added some bubbles in the water. Really...seriously...I didn't think I was going to be able to pull it off after I had gotten started, but I surprised myself!!! It is NOT perfect by any means, but I think that MaKayla is going to love her ducky cake!!!



No comments: