Monday, January 4, 2010

My Most Favorite...

One of the greatest things about my husband is that he has these two hands that can literally take a stack of wood and turn it into the most amazing thing in the world. Where he gets it...I don't know. Who taught him...I have no idea. How he takes it from his mind and puts it to paper and then reality....beyond me! So when I said that it would be so nice to surprise the boys on Christmas morning with a Thomas The Train Table that could hold all the track with the cool bridges and tunnels and mountains that they have collected since Gage was a toddler I didn't really expect that he would come up with the most perfect table in the world...but let me just say....HE DID!! It is my most favorite thing the boys recieved this Christmas! It is big. It is sturdy. It was constructed from HIS mind and HIS hands, and I dream of the day that they get to pass it on down to one of their children. I thouroughly enjoyed painting it and picking out the Thomas decals and drawer pulls to give it an added touch, and Steve and I truly got tears in our eyes when I explained to the boys that he had built it just for them!




2 comments:

Breanna Maurer said...

it's because he's amazing. :c)

Anonymous said...

that is soooo incredible! what lucky boys to have such creative and giving parents!
shayla