Well, we had our Christmas break. It came, and it went! The boys were extremely spoiled on Christmas! Steve spoiled me with a new Nikon Coolpix camera that I have been deeply in love with since the day I saw the first Ashton Kutcher commercial for one! It is nearly a computer in it's own! I am looking forward to greener scenery outdoors so that I can take lots of fun pictures with it! We enjoyed being with lots of family for the Holiday, but on the same hand thoroughly enjoyed our time snuggled in the warm house with the boys. Somewhere this month I fell way behind on blogging because we were always doing something, but I can't say that we really did anything productive! Somehow throughout our break I lost track of what day it was! Steve managed to do several remote starts and had to plow snow a couple of times. The boys played a lot of Wii and Legos. I spent my time putting away Christmas things and following them around putting away as they kept dragging more and more stuff out! I was literally ready for school to start and to be back into a routine! We all enjoyed a nice quiet New Year's Eve together. First we had supper at Applebee's and then we hit the theater for the Chipmunk movie. The boy's were so good and the theater was nice and quiet! Then we all made it to midnight to see the ball drop and bring in the new year! Steve and I had a night out this past weekend thanks to his sister Ali and her boyfriend Nick who babysat for us. We celebrated his birthday a few days early by going out to supper together and then watching a band and having some drinks at the Brew. It was nice. Much needed. I honestly can't believe that we will be ending the first semester of school in a couple of weeks. It literally feels like school just started not that long ago. Gage and I have had talks about 2010. What we've seen evolve over the last 10 years. What this country has gone through and faces. What a decade is...etc. Steve and I even talked about the technology that has developed that we've come to love so much just since our kids were born. I even made a list to save and to add to over the years to come to show to our boys later. Later when words like "Twitter" and "Kindle" and even "Facebook" are old school. I am excited to face this new year. Heck, I'm just excited for spring! I can honestly say that the only bad thing that we faced in 2009 was the loss of our dog, Maverick, and that alone was enough for our family. On the other hand we are thankful we both have jobs, 2 healthy amazing boys, wonderful friends and family, and a great community to prosper in! There truly is nowhere else I would rather be. The Midwest. I like it. So here's to 2010...a new decade.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment