15 years ago
Friday, January 8, 2010
Been hit by a bus..
Well, I am on day 3 of the flu. Yes, the downright icky seasonal flu! It began Wednesday night. We had a wonderful birthday supper for Steve. Rotisserie Chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, and corn. All topped off with cake and ice cream. I felt great. We blew out candles and opened gifts. And about an hour and a half after we sat down to relax for the rest of the evening my stomach began to churn. And churn. And churn. I hate that feeling of being on the verge of losing all the contents in your stomach! And I hate it even more when while you're in the midst of said churning your body begins that achey prosess and the chills and even pain in your eyes when you look at the tv or try to respond by looking at your child when he is asking you for something that you don't much less care about let alone are physically able to get up to get him! And much NOT to my surprise we had nothing in the house for flu symptoms. So I downed some ibuprofin and prayed for the best. Well, it just got worse. I literally could not get warm but my body felt like it was burning up. Every muscle within me ached as if I had been hit by a bus! Needless to say I was thankful for a snow day yesterday! Hard to believe anyone would be thankful for one of those at this point with all the snow we have already accumulated! Steve didn't even make it home from work until after 7:00 pm with all the plowing that he had to finish up, but he ever so graciously still trekked into Walmart to get me some Dayquil flu medicine and he also went through McDonald's to get the boys some supper so that I didn't have to cook. The meer thought of food just made me nauseous! I ate nothing yesterday. I went to bed yet again last night, even after the Dayquil, feeling miserable! I was a little dissapointed this morning when school wasn't cancelled again. Had to call in. I hate having to do that! But here I am, still taking medicine, still feeling rotten! Thought a shower and a good teeth brushing would make me feel better along with a little something in my stomach. Not a good idea. I got the sweats and now I am back down feeling nauseous! This is the first time I have opened the computer and it will be the last. Just not ready yet. Very glad the weekend is here so I can continue to get better and get back to work Monday. Oh, and I am praying no one else in the family comes down with this! Ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment