Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Peter and The Wolf...

The 1st and 2nd graders were going to see the ballet Peter and The Wolf today. Gage was so excited!! I'm not sure if it was just the fact that they were going on a field trip, or if it was seeing the actual ballet, but he was definitely very excited! I had the book Peter and The Wolf when I was little, and I had put it in Gage's bookcase along with a bunch of others I passed on to him, so I went up and dug it out. I didn't think he had read it yet or even realized that it was there, so I thought it would be neat for him to know a little bit about the story before he went. He loved it! He even asked if he could take it to school to show Mrs. Woods. Then at about 8:15 he said "Mom, is it time for me to go to bed yet?" I said "You have about 15 minutes...why, do you want to go to bed?" and his reply was "The faster I get to bed, the sooner it's morning, and the sooner it's time to go on our field trip!" How cute is that? I am so excited that he was excited, and I can't wait until he gets home to tell me all about it!

No comments: